Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Q-ball sketch

Here's how my digital paintings begin. This is a rough b & w layout for my next illustration. Sometimes I start with a detailed drawing and other times I work this way. As much as I love to draw, I find that the detailed drawing seems to slow the painting down. (unless I'm keeping my line work) I spend a lot of time covering up or working around the lines. This method allows me to see silhouette's quickly and not get bogged down with details too early.

2 comments:

Chris Hynes said...

Very cool to see your process. Amazing how so much depth and scope is obtained with so little talent. I mean, so little details.

Seriously, you should show some stuff from begining to end so everyone can see your entire process. Keep knocking them out of the park my friend!

-C

Mandie said...

OOH! I like this one. Amazing as always!!